If you are experiencing issues running either the Defender Elite or Defender 2000 on an Ubuntu based system please make sure that your device is running the most current version of the Kanguru Defender Manager (KDM) client application.
To check what version of the KDM client application your device is running:
- Connect your Defender device to the computer.
- Open Explorer or Finder and locate the CD-ROM partition with the Kanguru icon.
- Open the CD-ROM partition and locate the file "version.ini".
- Open the file "version.ini" in a text editor and make a note of the current version number.
- Open a web browser and go to the following URL: https://kanguru.zendesk.com/home
- At the top of the page is a list of the "Latest Defender Client Versions".
- Locate your device in the list and check the current version number from the "version.ini" file against the latest client version number listed.
If the version listed on the support site is newer than the version currently on your device, go to the following URL to download the updater for your device: https://kanguru.zendesk.com/forums/20880463-USB-Client-Software-Updates
Once you have successfully updated your device to the latest version, try running the KDM client application again.
If this does not work, you may need to install the library and whitelist the application. The library named "ia32-libs" needs to be installed, which will require admin privileges.
To install the library "ia32-libs" add the Defender client application to the whitelist:
- Open a terminal console and enter the command line “sudo apt-get install ia32-libs”
- The system will ask for permission to allocate some space for the library. We recommend around 200 MB.
- Lastly, install dconf editor and add the string ‘KDM (Elite/2000)' to the desktop/unity/panel systray-whitelist.