The current firmware version for the KanguruClone 7HD SATA Pro Hard Drive Duplicator is 6.13.
The current firmware version for the KanguruClone 15HD SATA Pro Hard Drive Duplicator is 6.13.
The current firmware version for the KanguruClone 23HD SATA Pro Hard Drive Duplicator is 6.13.
If you do not know the current firmware version currently on your duplicator, follow these steps:
1. When at the main menu, press ESC which will bring you to the menu selection screen
2. Press the Up or Down arrow until you see About and press ENT to enter this menu
3. Once again press the Up or Down arrow until you see System Information and press ENT
4. When inside this option you will see your device firmware version which should start with 6.
To perform this update, you will need the following:
-1 blank USB drive or hard drive that can be formatted to file system Fat32
-Kanguru hard drive duplicator
-Firmware - This can be downloaded by selecting the corresponding firmware below:
To update your duplicator, follow these steps:
1. Format a USB drive or hard drive to FAT32 (tools to assist with this formatting process can be downloaded by clicking Download Formatting Tools).
2. Once the drive is formatted please unzip the file sent to you and move the files over to the now formatted drive.
3. Go to the duplicator and when at the main menu, press 'ESC' which will bring you to the menu selection screen.
4. Press the Up or Down arrow until you see 'About' and press 'ENT' to enter this menu.
5. Once again press the Up or Down arrow until you see 'Update Firmware'.
6. Before pressing 'ENT' connect the drive containing the firmware to the duplicator. If you are using a hard drive, connect the hard drive to the source port. If you are using the USB drive, connect the USB to the port on the back of the device.
7. Press 'ENT' and then you will need to either Tap the ‘F1’ button if you are using a SATA drive or tap the ‘F3’ button if you are using a USB flash drive.
8. Once the system has confirmed the firmware file, a message will be displayed on the screen asking you to confirm the firmware update. Tap the ‘ENT’ button to proceed or tap the ‘ESC’ button to cancel.
9. Wait for the firmware update process to complete.
10. Once the firmware update process has completed, reboot your system and the new firmware version and build number will be displayed on the startup screen.