To quickly verify the SHA256 Checksum values of our KDM, KRMC, or UKLA applications we recommend using one of the two methods below (both of these methods are Windows applications):
Method 1: Use the attached SHA256 checksum tool to view the SHA256 checksum of a file.
- Open a command prompt window by clicking Start >> Run, and typing in CMD.exe and hitting Enter.
- Navigate to the path of the sha256sum.exe application.
- Enter sha256.exe and enter the filename of the file you are checking.
- Hit enter, a string of 64 characters will be displayed. This is the SHA256 checksum of the application.
- Below is an example screenshot shown for checking two different Kanguru Updater Applications. In both cases the files that were being checked were in the same directory as the sha256sum.exe application.
Method 2: Use the attached Freeware tool HashMyFiles to view the SHA256 checksum of a file. (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hash_my_files.html)
- Download and run the HashMyFiles application.
- When the application opens, click on “view” (located at the top left) and select “Choose Colums”.
- On the window that appears, uncheck all items except “Filename” and “SHA-256” then select “OK”.
- Now you can either drag and drop the files you wish to hash onto this open window or click “add files” and navigate to the where the files are located on your system and select “Open”.
- The hashing will take only a few seconds and once completed you will have the hashes for the file(s) you selected.