The current firmware version for the KanguruClone 5HD-TWR Tower Duplicator Rev.1 is 4.16
The current firmware version for the KanguruClone 5HD-TWR Tower Duplicator Rev.2 is 1.17
The current firmware version for the KanguruClone 11HD-TWR Tower Duplicator is 1.22
If you do not know the current firmware version currently on your duplicator, follow these steps:
1. Navigate through the menu till you see Setup Menu and press ENT.
2. Once you are in Setup Mode, use the up and down arrows to navigate System Info.
3. This feature with provide you with the current firmware version on your duplicator.
To perform this update, you will need the following:
-1 blank hard drive that can be formatted to file system Fat32
-Kanguru Hard Drive Tower Duplicator
-Firmware - This can be downloaded by selecting the corresponding firmware below:
To update your duplicator, follow these steps:
1. Format a hard drive to FAT32 (tools to assist with this formatting process can be downloaded by clicking Download Formatting Tools).
2. Once the drive is formatted please unzip the file sent to you and copy the files over to the root directory of the newly formatted hard drive.
3. Now go to your duplicator and navigate to the advanced setup menu and go to where it has Update firmware, put the formatted drive that has the update files on the source drive slot and press ENT.
4. The system will check the Source drive for a firmware update
5. Once the system has confirmed the firmware update file, a message will be displayed on the screen asking you to confirm the firmware update.
6. Press the ENT button to proceed or press the ESC button to cancel.
7. Reboot your duplicator when completed.
For more information on the update process look on 25 of the manual. If this fails, please attempt the process once more and verify that you are formatting the hard drive with our recommend tools.