The current firmware version for the KanguruClone 5HD SATA Hard Drive Duplicator is 3.29.
The current firmware version for the KanguruClone 14HD SATA Hard Drive Duplicator is 3.27.
If you do not know the current firmware version currently on your duplicator, follow these steps:
1. Press the SE T button continuously for 3 seconds to enter the Setup Menu.
2. Once you are in Setup Menu, use the SE T button to switch between individual settings, and use the RUN button to change the status of each setting.
3. Select Advanced Setup from the Setup Menu to enter this mode.
4. Once in here look for Show System Info. This feature with provide you with the current firmware version on your duplicator.
To perform this update, you will need the following:
-1 blank hard drive that can be formatted to file system Fat32
-Kanguru Mobile Clone
-Firmware - This can be downloaded by selecting the corresponding firmware below:
To update your duplicator, follow these steps:
1. Format a hard drive to FAT32 (tools to assist with this formatting process can be downloaded by clicking Download Formatting Tools).
2. Once the drive is formatted please unzip the file sent to you and move the files over to the now formatted hard drive.
3. Now go to your duplicator and press and hold the SET button for 3 seconds and release it.
4. Tap the SET button until you see advanced setup and press RUN.
5. Tap the setup button until you see Update firmware
6. Connect the hard drive containing your firmware update to the source port of the device and press RUN. This will start the update and when completed you will need to reboot your duplicator.
For more information on the update process look on 37 of the manual. If this fails, please attempt the process once more and verify that you are formatting the hard drive with our recommend tools.