My Kanguru QS2 DVDRW will not burn media through Mac OS X 10.5
This is a known issue with Mac OS X Leopard. This issue has been documented in Mac support forums and has not been resolved by Apple yet. This issue is tied directly to Mac OS X 10.5.
There is a workaround to this issue. First create a new user account.
To create a new user account:
1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and click Accounts
2. If some settings are dimmed, click the lock icon and type an administrator name and password.3. Click the Add (+) button, located below the list of accounts, to create a new account.
4. Select a type of account from the New Account pop-up menu.
5. Enter a name for the account.
6. Type the user’s password in the Password and Verify fields, and then type a hint to help the user remember the password if they have trouble remembering it at login.
7. Click Create Account.
Login to the new account that you just created. Download and install the third party burning software Burn; you can download a copy of Burn for free at the following link: http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html
This will often resolve the issue with burning. The theory behind this workaround is that there are certain preference files that may cause compatibility issues. New account has no preference added and allows your drives to burn without issue.