The Kanguru Duplicator Network Center software needs to be installed on a PC in order to be able to access the duplicator’s internal hard drive through your local area network. Once installed, you will be able to conveniently transfer files to and from the duplicator’s internal hard drive from your PC over a network connection.
Note: You are only able to access the internal hard drive through the network connection. You still need to manually execute the actual duplication process. Only one user at a time can access the Duplicator’s internal hard drive through the network.
√ Pentium 3 Class microprocessor or better
√ Ethernet 10/100Mbits LAN Port
√ 32Mbytes of RAM
√ 10Mbytes of free disc space on your hard drive
√ Kanguru Media Manager software
√ Windows Server 2003, Vista or later
To install the Duplicator Network Center.
1. Insert the CD that came included with your Kanguru DVD Duplicator. If you did not receive a CD with your duplicator or if you misplaced your CD, you can download a copy of the installer file on our support site under the Downloads -> Duplicators -> Disc Duplicators section.
2. Open “My Computer” or Windows Explorer and enter the CD drive.
3. Double-click on the DuplicatorNetworkCenter_v1.5.1.exe install application.
4. Follow the Installation Wizard to complete the installation process.
Note: You can find the product key on the Product Key sticker located on the back of the Duplicator.
5. You will need to restart your computer before the installation process can complete.
How to Use Network Center
Once your Duplicator has been setup and connected to your LAN, you can begin using the Duplicator Network Center software to transfer files to and from the Duplicator’s internal hard drive over your network.
1. Double-click on the “Duplicator Network Center” icon located on your desktop
2. The Duplicator Network Center window appears.
Normally you will see a green icon appear next to “Duplicator Network Device”. The green icon indicates that the network Duplicator has been recognized and is ready to be connected. Click on the Connect button and proceed to the next step.
A red icon appearing next to “Duplicator Network Device” indicates that the network Duplicator is currently being accessed by another user.
You can send the other user a request to disconnect by right-clicking “Duplicator Network Device” and then selecting “Request Disconnect” from the menu. You will receive a notification when the Duplicator Network Device is available. The red icon will turn green when the Duplicator is ready. Click on the Connect button and proceed to the next step.
3. A new Hard Disk Drive named “Duplicator” now appear under My Computer. You can now copy/ paste or click/drag your files into the Duplicator’s internal hard drive. CD and DVD images should be saved in the folder named “DUP” located in the “Duplicator” hard drive.