KanguruClone HD SATA Pro duplicators (models: KCLONE-7HDS-PRO, KCLONE-15HDS-PRO, KCLONE-23HDS-PRO) running firmware version 6.10 or later have the ability to copy from a larger Source to a smaller Target. This is extremely useful when cloning an operating system from a larger capacity HDD to a smaller capacity SSD.
In order to clone from a larger Source to a smaller Target, the following two conditions are met:
- The Master drive must be a Windows OS drive, formatted NTFS or FAT32. Large to small resizing is not supported for Mac or Linux operating systems.
- The total data content on the Master must be smaller than the total capacity on the Target (e.g. if the Master drive is a 500GB HDD with 100GB of used space, then the Target drive capacity must be greater than 100GB.
Other things to be aware of:
- Encrypted partitions are not supported by Resize.
- The exFAT file system is not supported by Resize.
- Hidden/boot partitions are supported, as are multi-partitions as long as they are formatted NTFS or FAT32.
- In a multi-partition situation, hidden/boot partitions are not resized. NTFS and FAT32 partitions are resized proportionally.
- There is an option “Resize Last Partition” that can be enabled which will instruct the duplicator to resize only the last FAT32/NTFS partition on the Master drive.
- The ability to Resize Copy from larger Master to smaller targets is only available on the HDS-PRO duplicators. Resize Copy on Mobile Clone and Tower HD duplicators are still only capable of copying from smaller to larger.
Article is closed for comments.