When attempting to clone, my KanguruClone HD returns a "Dev Begin Closing" error message.
If your KanguruClone HD returns a "Dev Begin Closing" error when attempting to clone, it means that the machine is not able to communicate with your hard drive. Please try the following and see if it resolves the problem.
- Check that all cables are connected properly.
- If you are copying SATA drives using Kanguru Adapters please Click Here for a visual tutorial on properly connecting SATA hard drive disks to the Kanguru Clone.
- If you have eliminated all connection issues, then check your cables and HDDs for defects.
- If you have determined that none of the cables or HDDs are defective, try increasing the poweron wait time under configuration as some drives take longer than 8s to spin up.
- If increasing powerup time does not work, try using a different master drive. Try a master drive of a different brand if possible.
If none of these solutions resolves your problem, please contact Kanguru Technical Support at 508-376-4245.