The Update Firmware function allows you to upgrade your Kanguru Hard Drive Duplicator to the latest firmware version.
To update your firmware:
- Contact Kanguru Technical Support or navigate to the Mobile Clone Firmware Update page on the Kanguru Support site to receive a firmware update file.
- Format a SATA hard drive as FAT32.
- Copy the firmware file to the hard drive.
- Connect the hard drive to the duplicator’s Source port.
- From the Advanced Setup Menu, tap the SET button to navigate to Update Firmware and then tap the RUN button.
- Once the system has confirmed the firmware file, a message will be displayed on the screen asking you to confirm the firmware update. Tap the RUN button to proceed or tap the SET button to cancel.
- Wait for the firmware update process to complete.
- Once the firmware update process has completed, reboot your system and the new firmware version and build number will be displayed on the startup screen.
Warning! Do not disconnect power or turn off the duplicator while updating the firmware. Doing so may cause the duplicator to become non-functional.