When entering a new anti-virus license, I receive the following error message when entering the new anti-virus license, "Please enter a valid anti-virus license"
If you purchased an anti-virus license and are not able to get the license validated, the most common cause is that your device requires a firmware update. Follow these steps to check whether you firmware version needs to be updated:
- Connect your drive to your computer.
- Open My Computer or Finder and locate the CD-ROM partition with the Kanguru icon.
- Open the CD-ROM partition and locate the file "version.ini".
- Open "version.ini" in a text editor and make a note of the current version number.
- Open a web browser and go to the following URL: https://kanguru.zendesk.com/home
- At the top of the page is a list of the Latest Defender Client Versions. Locate your device in the list and check your current version number against the latest version number.
- If the version listed on the support site is newer than the version currently on your device, go to the following URL to download the updater for your device: https://kanguru.zendesk.com/forums/20880463-USB-Client-Software-Updates
- Once you have successfully updated your device to the latest version, try entering your antivirus license again.
If this did not fix the issue , please contact Kanguru Solutions Support at 508-376-4245 option 2.