Can I use KLA to register my devices with a KRMC Cloud account?
If your secure devices are being managed locally with Kanguru’s Local Administrator tool (UKLA) then you can use KLA to configure and register your devices for use with a KRMC Cloud account. This will allow you to manage your devices remotely.
If your devices are currently in the possession of the end users, they will have to be returned to the UKLA administrator. Contact the device end users and advise them to backup their data and to return their devices to the UKLA administrator.
Once you have all of your devices in your possession:
1. Connect your devices to your computer and launch UKLA.
Note: The connected devices should all be the same model. Although UKLA is capable of configuring multiple devices simultaneously, it is unable to configure more than one device type at a time. So for example, it is possible to configure ten Defender Elites and then ten Defender 2000s, but you could not configure five Defender Elites and five Defender 2000s at the same time.
2. Once you have logged into UKLA, select the device type from drop-down menu located at the top of the Device Grid.
3. Make sure all of your devices are selected in the Device Grid and then click on General Settings in the navigation menu on the left. Under the Reset & Disable tab, click on Reset All.
4. Once your devices have been reset, you can configure them to work with KRMC Cloud. Click on KRMC in the navigation menu on the left. Under the Status tab, set the Enable/Disable KRMC Cloud setting to Enable.
5. Click on the Save settings to selected devices button and then exit UKLA.
6. Restart UKLA. Make sure all of your devices are selected in the Device Grid and then click on KRMC in the navigation menu on the left. You will now see a section called Register devices to KRMC Cloud Account ID.
7. Enter your KRMC Cloud Account ID in the Enter Account ID field and then click Register.
Congratulations! Your devices have now been configured and registered for use with your KRMC Cloud account. Repeat these instructions for each Defender device type in your possession until all of your devices have been registered with your KRMC Cloud account.