2 factor authentication is a feature in KRMC that extends an additional layer of security which prevents unauthorized users from logging into the KRMC web console. 2 factor authentication has been included in KRMC Cloud and KRMC Cloud Pro.
Enabling 2 factor authentication
There are two methods for enabling 2 factor authentication, depending on whether you are using KRMC Cloud or KRMC Cloud Pro. Both methods for enabling 2 factor authentication are described in detail below.
- Enforce 2 factor authentication globally (for all administrators) - KRMC Cloud Pro
- Navigate to Settings > Administrator Settings.
- Select Force 2 Factor Authentication for Administrator Login to KRMC Console.
- Click on the Save button.
Note: Super Administrators should be aware that not enforcing 2 factor authentication globally does not disable the feature. If the Super Admin does not enforce 2 factor authentication globally, individual regular admins can still enable 2 factor authentication for their own individual account.
- Enable 2 factor authentication for an individual administrator - KRMC Cloud and Cloud Pro
- Navigate to Users > Admins.
- Click on the Edit User button next to the administrator. An "Edit Admin" window appears on the right side. Note: Super administrators can edit any admin, regular admins can only edit their own account.
- Select Use 2 Factor Authentication for Login.
- Click on the Update button.
Note: If the super administrator has already enforced 2 factor authentication globally, then regular administrators will not able to disable the Use 2 Factor Authentication for Login option.
Logging in when 2 factor authentication is enabled
When 2 factor authentication has been enabled, after the administrator signs into KRMC with their password they are directed to an authentication page.
An authentication code is automatically generated and sent by email to the administrator.
The administrator must copy the authentication code from the email into the Authentication Code field and then click on the Verify button.
Note: Authentication codes are only valid for 30 minutes after they have been generated. If your code has expired, then click the Resend Code button and a fresh authentication code will be sent by email.
Once the authentication code has been validated, the administrator will be logged into the KRMC web console.